Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Fresh picks for cheeks and lips!


L-R- Hard Candy Fox in a Box blush duo, Cargo Beach Blush, Essence XXXL Shine lipgloss, NYX Blush, Revlon Colorburst lipgloss and CoverGirl Lip Perfection lipstick.


I don't know what it is about blush and lip gloss lately!  I'm always finding myself picking up a new blush and gloss when I don't need one.  I LOVE blush...I'm always looking for that perfect shade that highlights my cheekbones and gives my face good color.  Gloss is the same way.  I want a gloss that makes my thin lips fuller and comes in a shade that goes with everything!  That's not too tall of an order, right?!



Covergirl Lip Perfection lipstick in Feline (see swatch below)

This past weekend I picked up a few blushes, some tubes of gloss and a new lipstick.  I was standing in Target and met a nice woman who was in search of a new foundation brush.  I recommended a great Sonia Kashuk one (flat blusher brush) and she recommended to me a new CoverGirl lipstick which I had to pick up of course!  Makeup lovers unite!  Because of her suggestion, I picked up CoverGirl's Lip Perfection lipstick in Feline for around $6.  It states it helps smooth and improve the overall appearance of lips.  Anything for better lips I say!  I really like this lipstick.  It does go on smooth and the color payoff is great.  It seems to last longer than my other drugstore lipsticks too.  I received many compliments over the weekend while wearing this shade and I will probably pick up a few more.


Cargo's Beach Blush in Miami

I also stopped by Ulta and got a few items.  I've heard a lot about Cargo blushes and I almost picked up a set from Cargo that included an AWESOME blush but I backed down at the last minute.  I picked up Cargo's Beach Blush in Miami instead.  It is like a blush and bronzer in one.  It goes on incredibly smooth, is not too bright but it gives my cheeks a soft glow.  It does have some shimmer, however it is not too chunky nor glittery.  I really am excited about this product and I hope to pick up some more Cargo bronzers and blushes in the future.  You can find it at Ulta for $28

NYX blush in Terra Cotta

I also couldn't resist picking up another blush by NYX.  I chose Terra Cotta which is a warm, bronze-toned blush which will make a great contour shade that will be perfect for summer.  This shade is more shimmery than the Cargo blush and is more bronze.  I find that NYX blushes give a lot of bang for your buck and go on smooth.  You can find this blush at Ulta for $6.


Hard Candy's Fox in a Box Bronzing Duo in Skinny Dipping

Hard Candy is always a great brand to get a lot of color payoff for very little money.  You can find Hard Candy at your local Walmart.  In the past I've recommended their Sheer Envy primer (see review here) and now I want to recommend their Fox in a Box bronzing duo in Skinny Dipping.  This duo contains a bronzer and cheek color.  You can use each color individually or you can combine them.  I prefer to swirl my brush in both colors to get a gorgeous, warm coral that will be perfect for this summer.  There are more expensive brands that carry wonderful coral cheek colors but if you are looking for good color at a small price, then pick up this choice for $6.  I love the texture and the cute packaging (Benefit anyone?!).



L-R Blush Swatches- Skinny Dipping, Terra Cotta, Miami


Top-Bottom Lipgloss/Lipstick Swatches- Revlon's Rosegold, Essence's Glamour To Go and Covergirl's Feline

I would not have normally picked up another one of Revlon's Colorburst lip glosses since the one I purchased in the past failed to impress me (see review here) however I had a certificate for a free one, so I went ahead and picked up another.  Revlon's Colorburst gloss just isn't for me.  I really don't think it's opaque enough and the color is too streaky.  It's really a shame since they have a nice color selection and good packaging.  I do like Essence's XXXL Shine gloss though.  I find that it is not only super shiny but it goes on smoothly and is super cheap.  You can find it at Ulta for only $1.99!  At that price you cannot find another gloss this great.


No comments:

Post a Comment