Monday, January 21, 2013

New Wet n Wild Coverall,NYX and Lorac.

After watching a few Youtube videos the other night, I was reminded of NYX's Mega Shine Lipgloss and their cream blush line.  Since I already love their Mega Shine gloss, I've wanted to try their cream blush for some time.  I decided to head over to my local Ulta a few days ago to pick up some new gloss, blush and get a mascara since I recently ran out.
 
I was underwhelmed by my local Ulta's NYX selection (everything was VERY picked over) but I managed to pick up a gorgeous cream blush and a new gloss.  Pictured below is NYX's Mega Shine gloss in the shade Smokey Look, NYX cream blush in Tickled and Lorac's Multiplex 3D lashes mascara.  I've previously talked about Lorac's Multiplex 3D mascara here and here.
 
 
You will notice the cream blush is a lovely peachy-pink with gold shimmer.  Some people describe this shade to be similar to NARS' Orgasm shade.  To be honest, I can't wait to wear this.  I think it will brighten up my face during these cold months.  I did wear Smokey Look today and it is another great choice in the Mega Shine line.  I would describe this gloss as a beige-nude with shimmer.  It's pigmented enough but not overwhelming so it can be worn over other colors.  It does have the usual NYX cherry scent but I find the scent to be pleasant.
 
L-R: NYX Mega Shine gloss in Smokey Look and NYX cream blush in Tickled.
 
In addition to the gloss and blush I did pick up another tube of Lorac's Multiplex 3D mascara.  I won't go into a full review again but I LOVE this mascara because of the way it separates and lengthens my small lashes.  Here is a picture of the mascara brush below.
 
 
After leaving Ulta I headed to my local Walgreens where I was surprised to see Wet n Wild's new Coverall collection display.  I picked up the cream foundation and the pressed powder.  Each item was only $3.99!
 
 
For the past 4 days I've worn this foundation/powder combo and I must say I've been pleasantly surprised.  Here are the pros and cons:
 
PROS-
Inexpensive
Long wearing
Matte finish
Full coverage
 
CONS-
Harder to blend than others
Color selection
 
I really think the foundation is great and wears all day.  It covers well and dries matte.  The biggest con for me is the poor color selection.  I picked up medium/tan which was one shade away from the darkest color in the collection.  Maybe my Walgreens only had a few colors available but the shade is listed as medium/tan which is not a color I would normally choose.  I found the colors available to be extremely light which is great if your skin is fair but if you tan easily or have darker skin, you will find these colors to be too light.  I am usually a NC20-NC25, so I was surprised to pick up Medium/Tan.  Overall the foundation was a nice surprise and an excellent choice since I love long-wearing, full coverage foundations. 
 

Close-up of Wet n Wild's Coverall pressed powder in Medium/Tan
 
As much as I have enjoyed wearing the foundation, I have also enjoyed the powder.  It helps smooth my skin and is not chalky.  I have found it helps keep excess oil at bay and keeps shine at a minimum.  This powder is somewhat silky, buildable and is pretty darn good for only $3.99! 
 
I also wanted to share that the foundation came with a $1.00 off coupon right now at Walgreens.  The powder did not have a coupon but where else can you pick up foundation and powder under $7.00??
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
  

2 comments:

  1. Very interesting blog. Alot of blogs I see these days don't really provide anything that I'm interested in, but I'm most definately interested in this one. Just thought that I would post and let you know.Tyvek Coverall

    ReplyDelete