Saturday, January 29, 2011

Revlon's Colorburst Lipgloss in "Peony"


When I saw the most recent Revlon lipgloss display at my local Walgreens, I couldn't resist purchasing a tube.  I really enjoy Revlon lipgloss, so I decided that this one would probably be a winner too.

First let me say the packaging is great.  The tube reminds me of Chanel's glossimers.  It's sleek, handy and fits into any sized purse quite well.  The top is identical to Revlon's Colorburst lipsticks (which I love) and the tube is thinner and longer than Revlon Super Lustrous gloss.  The wand is doe foot style.



When I first applied the gloss, I noticed the smell.  This gloss smells identical to vanilla extract (straight from the kitchen)!  It's not totally offensive however it is noticeable.  Secondly, I noticed that it took 3-4 tries to get enough product out of the tube to completely cover my lips.  When you pull the applicator out, the tube tends to "clean" the applicator too well.  

The biggest issue I had with this gloss is that it is too sheer.  Now it may be color choice however I feel that the formula sheers out too much.  Revlon's Super Lustrous gloss is much more opaque and provides better coverage.  I don't dislike this gloss...it's nice to have on hand and does add shimmer without being over the top.  I do think though the Super Lustrous gloss is a better choice since it has more color payoff and costs less on average.  Both choices offer .2oz of product.  You can find Revlon's Colorburst lipgloss for around $7.50 at any drugstore.



Swatch of "Peony" above (with flash)





No comments:

Post a Comment