Friday, February 11, 2011

Hard Candy's Sheer Envy Primer


Have you ever put on your make-up and had it crease into your fine lines as the day went on?  Have you ever wished your skin could appear smoother?  If so, you probably want to use a primer.  Primer is designed to smooth your skin and give make-up an even surface to bond to.  Primer can help lessen the appearance of fine lines and scaring.  There are a lot of primers on the market and some are very expensive.  Laura Geller sells a primer that goes by the name of "Spackle" which retails for $25.00 and NARS has one that goes for $30.00. 

I always wanted to try a primer but for those prices I wasn't too excited to start experimenting with one.  After reading about primers I thought I would give Hard Candy's Sheer Envy a try.  Sheer Envy retails for $8.00 and can be found at Walmart.


When you first use this primer you will notice it has a creamy consistency to it.  After you begin to rub the formula in, it begins to dry somewhat and leaves your skin very soft, almost like fine powder.  I find that this primer is very silky and does a decent job throughout the day.  I have used Smashbox's Photo Finish primer before (retails for around $35.00) and I find that the Hard Candy Sheer Envy is very comparable...it is obvious what the better deal is! 



Remember to apply primer to your skin in only the areas you feel that you want to smooth out.  Apply primer after moisturizing but before applying foundation.  I personally use primer only on my t-zone.  In the winter I do use it on my cheeks since I have dry skin patches that I want to even out. 

The key is to use only a small amount, rub it in and wait a few minutes until your skin absorbs it completely.  After it has dried you can then apply your foundation.


No comments:

Post a Comment