Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Clinique Bonus Time!

I love going to the department store and finding out that a cosmetic counter has a bonus being promoted.  A bonus is usually a cute makeup bag filled with 5-6 travel sized items that you get for free when you spend over a certain amount ($21.50 for Clinique)with that particular brand of makeup.  Here locally, Lancome, Clinique and Estee Lauder are a few examples of brands that give "bonuses" away a few times a year.  Unfortunately one of my favorite brands, MAC, does not have this type of promotion.

Right now at Dillards, Clinique is having a bonus.  I decided to pick up the new "Pretty in Prints" compact (with Milly bag).  This compact costs $36.00 which earned me 1 free bonus.  Even without the bonus, I still wanted this compact since it is very versatile.


Pretty in Prints Compact with Milly bag


This compact is huge!  It's a gorgeous, mirrored compact that is well made and has a frosted, floral design.  It comes with a Milly designed bag.  Milly is a clothing designer based in New York who designs a lot of the Clinique Bonus bags.  Inside is four different eye shadows and one blush.  The eyeshadow quad is called "Printed Pinks" and the blush is "Precious Posy".  Each eye shadow is pigmented and goes on smoothly.  The darkest brown shade does have some "fallout" however it is a great contour/crease shade.  Since I just got the compact today, I haven't tried the blush yet but it feels smooth and it blended well when I swatched it.  It reminds me of NARS' Orgasm blush.  This palette is a great everyday choice and the shimmery pink is my new favorite!  




Notice the pigmentation...gorgeous colors!



Top swatches-eyeshadows swatched in the order they appear in the compact.
Bottom swatch (near wrist)-blush





Clinique Bonus Items
L-R-Eye shadow trio, lipstick in Raspberry Glace', Superbalm moisturizing gloss in "Lilac", Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion, High Impact mascara and 7 Day Scrub Cream.  All items pictured in front of the bonus bag.


Since this purchase included bonus items, I thought I would feature them as well in this post.  Included was a eye shadow trio featuring the shades "Come Heather", "Lilac Truffle" and "Seashell Pink". The bonus also included "Raspberry Glace" lipstick, Superbalm Gloss in "Lilac", High Impact mascara, Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion and the 7 Day Scrub Cream.  Each item came packed in a super-cute tote.  Even though some of these items are trial sized, the eye shadow trio is almost full sized and the lipstick is full sized.

I have tried the lipstick in the past and it's a nice berry color with gold shimmer flecks.  The gloss goes on smoothly and is a perfect compliment to the lipstick.  I have tried the moisturizing lotion off and on over time with good results but I didn't get to try the 7 Day Scrub Cream until this evening.  I am impressed since it reminds me of Philosophy's Microdelivery wash.  It lightly exfoliated my face without any redness or irritation.  When I stepped out of the shower my face looked cleaner...I am not sure if that is possible but it did!

The one product from the bonus that I am disappointed with is the eye shadow trio.  The two lightest shades were chalky and were poorly pigmented.  The third shade (the darkest) was a nicely pigmented plum that did go on smoothly and was not chalky.   



Eyeshadow Trio-notice how the instructions for properly placing each color is located in the palette.  You can remove this from the mirror by peeling it away.



Swatches from the trio-the lightest shade on the left (Seashell Pink) was too chalky for my liking.  The last one on the right (Come Heather) was my favorite.




Swatches of "Raspberry Glace' on the left and "Lilac" superbalm gloss on the right.



"Raspberry Glace" without lip liner or gloss.



 If you are wondering when your nearest makeup counter is having a bonus, go to http://www.mygiftwithpurchase.com/  It's a great site which lists which stores and brands are featuring bonus gifts/freebies.  If you live near Peachtree Mall area in Georgia and you are interested in Clinique, please see my friend Shana at the Clinique counter who can help you choose a perfect color!

No comments:

Post a Comment