Sunday, April 8, 2012

Asian Skin Care-including Ossion & Salux!

I've been lucky in the past to have visited the Missy cosmetics counter to try different Asian skin care products before.  Asian skin care products have been exploding onto the American beauty market scene for the past few years.  Products like BB Creams have taken off thanks to this and Korean skin care lines are beginning to find mainstream enthusiasts here in the states.

I am always willing to try something new, so when I visit the Super H Mart in Atlanta (Asian supermarket), I always take time to stop at the Missy cosmetics counter for some more goodies.


Ossion's Mild Touch Cleansing Foam Set- $29.00

A while back I made a post about Isa Knox BB Cream click here to see reviewI found the BB Cream to be a great product but I also enjoyed one of the samples I received when I bought the cream.  I found that I really liked Ossion's Mild Touch Cleansing Foam and that I couldn't wait to get the full size.  Ossion is a line under the Hankook umbrella of Korean skin care brands. 


Ossion's Mild Touch Cleansing Milk and Cleansing Foam



I find that this facial cleanser is a great addition to my skincare routine.  I usually use Neutrogena's Fresh Foaming Cleanser with my Clarisonic each night.  I decided to use the Ossion foam instead this week and I have really enjoyed it.  It removes makeup, has a great scent (not too heavy or fragrant) and leaves my skin feeling very soft.  It comes out of the tube thick and is white in color.  Once massaged into the skin (or applied using a Clarisonic), it begins to foam and washes away completely. 

I notice my skin feels very clean after using the product and that I haven't had any breakouts since using it.  When I purchased it, it came with a smaller tube of Ossion's Cleansing Milk which can be applied to a dry face and rubbed into the skin to cleanse and remove makeup.  I have tried the cleansing milk as well this week and I find it is very similar to Ahava's Cleansing Milk.  Both Ossion products came together in a set and were $29.00.  You can purchase the set by calling 770-418-0202 or by visiting a Missy cosmetics counter.



L-R- Facial masks by Sooryehan and The Qure (with cucumber and collagen).



After I picked up the Ossion cleanser, I also picked up two face masks to try.  Both masks are applied by laying them on your face for 15 -20 minutes.  The mask is made of paper and has the product applied on one side, so it literally sits on top of your face and soaks in.  Once you are done with the mask, you peel away the paper then rub the excess product into the skin. 

I have already tried the Sooryehan mask this week which unfortunately didn't seem to make a difference with my skin.  I did notice a few blackheads come up around my chin area but I am not sure if this was because of the mask or not.  I'm excited to try the Qure mask next.  The Sooryehan mask was $2.99 and the Qure cucumber collagen mask was $1.99. 


Top (L-R)- A3F[on] Turn Again Peeling Gel & Ossion's Mild Touch Detox Bubble Mask
Bottom (L-R)- Ossion's Intensive Slim Body Peeling & Ossion's Collagen V3 Cream



Another thing I love about shopping at the Missy cosmetics counter is the free samples I get.  Each time I get to try new products and the sweet saleswoman offered some new samples for me to try.  Since I expressed my love for the Ossion cleansing foam, she offered a sample of Ossion's Mild Touch Detox Bubble Mask. 

This mask is very popular and the reviews I've read reminds me of Bliss' Triple Oxygen Instant Energizing Facial Mask.  The Bliss mask is $54.00 at Ulta.  The Ossion mask is $40.00.  I'm excited to try it out to see if it worth the hype.  You first apply the mask by rubbing it onto your skin and letting it sit there.  As it sits, a foam begins to develop.  When I try this mask out, I will be sure to take pictures and post them here.  I'm also excited to try the peeling gels and the collagen cream. 



Salux's Beauty Skin Cloth-$2.99

The last item I picked up from Super H Mart wasn't located at the Missy counter.  I have been hunting down a Salux cloth for a few months now and I was so happy to have found one.  I have read great reviews about this Japanese cloth which prompted me to search for one in the first place (click here to read reviews). 

The purpose of the this cloth is to exfoliate.  As you know, summer is just around the corner and exfoliation is important (especially if you use a self tanner).  This cloth is not soft but has a rough texture which whisks away dead skin cells with each use.  I have used this cloth for about a week now and I really like it.  I find that it is too rough to use on my face but that it's great for my feet, knees, elbows and shoulders.  The picture on the front of the package shows a girl using it on her back and I think it would work great there too.  It's long and wide and comes in many different colors.  Because of the popularity of this product, there are a lot of "fake" cloths out there, so make sure you purchase a real Salux cloth.  You can find Salux cloths in Asian markets, at www.amazon.com and at www.saluxshop.com
 

Close-up of the cloth's texture.


Another shot of the cloth.


One More Thing...
As a side note, sometimes I like to share other things I am into that are not beauty related.  Over the past few weeks, the night sky has been great for checking out the moon, stars and some planets.  I couldn't resist pulling out my camera and taking a few photos of the moon lately.  There is something so peaceful about gazing up at the moon.


















1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing the wonderful blog and such nice information. Hope to read more about your experience. Follow haute her tips for natural skin care

    ReplyDelete