Saturday, March 5, 2011

Weekend Haul

Like most folks, I work for the weekend!  I spent the day with my sister and a friend shopping at some of our favorite stores.  Of course we could not miss Ulta or Bath and Body Works...what girl can't?  I picked up a few items I wanted to share that I will hopefully give reviews on once I get a chance to use them for a few weeks.  The products that I am already familiar with will be given reviews below.


L-R- Bath & Body Works "Hawaii Coconut" shower gel, OPI's "Purple with a Purpose" polish, Focus 21 Seaplasma moisturizer and Nexxus' Humectress Luxe Leave-In moisturizing spray.


B&BW "Hawaii Coconut"-I love coconut and Bath & Body Works' "Hawaii Coconut" is the answer to my need for a new shower gel.  I want to think about the summer and warmer weather so what better way to do that than to smell like a tropical island?  You can find this shower gel at your local B&BW store for $10.50.

OPI-I wanted a bright color for my toes since sandal season is upon us.  I have SOOO many pinks, corals and reds that I decided to go with this gorgeous purple.  You can find OPI's "Purple with a Purpose" at your local Ulta store for $8.50.

Seaplasma Spray-I recently watched a Youtube video where Focus 21's Seaplasma moisturizing spray was featured.  After shampooing and towel drying your hair, you spray this generously to help control frizz, provide moisture and remove tangles.  Focus 21 states on the bottle that you can use this spray on both your hair and skin.  This spray can also be used as a fixing spray on the face over make-up.  Women with straight, curly and ethnic hair can use this spray.  You can find Seaplasma spray at Ulta for only $5.99

Nexxus Humectress Luxe- I have used this product in the past with success.  This extremely light yet nourishing spray is wonderful for dry, tangled hair.  After showering and towel drying my hair, I spray this directly onto my hair.  My hair is extremely coarse, wavy and dry so tangles are a constant struggle.  This spray not only helps with the tangles but it does moisturize my hair and smells nice too!  The spray is a fine mist and is meant to be left in and not washed out.  My hair is always much softer after I use this product.  You can find Humectress Luxe leave-in spray at your local drugstore for $10.49.



Top row- Laura Geller's "Bronze-n-Brighten" in Medium and NYX Blush in "Peach"
Bottom row- EOS hand lotion in "Cucumber".

Bronze-n-Brighten- I have owned this product for almost 5 years and I am just now buying a replacement!!!!  This is the absolute best bronzer that I have ever tried.  I love bronzer.  Bronzer gives skin a glow and definition.  I use bronzer on my cheekbones and all over-even for the décolletage area.  I feel super pale without it!  Bronze-n-Brighten is simple to use, just swirl your kabuki brush in the product and apply.  It doesn't take much to go a long way and that is why my first compact lasted so long.  Yes it costs $31.00, but it is worth it.  Laura Geller bakes her blushes, bronzers and face powders which create gorgeous swirls of product in the pan.  You can even see the clay pan they are baked in (if you ever make it to the bottom of one, lol!)


Top row- Swatch of Bronze-n-Brighten in "Medium" and a new compact of Bronze-n-Brighten
Bottom row- 5 year old compact (clay pan visible) with small amount of product still there!!


NYX Blush- I have heard a lot about this little blush on the web.  I really enjoy NYX products.  Locally I find NYX at my Ulta store.  They are (in my opinion) a step above most drugstore brands of makeup.  They make great things like the famous Jumbo Eyeshadow Pencil in "Milk" and their single eye shadows which rival MAC.  NYX also has lovely lip gloss and lipsticks.  I had never tried a blush by NYX, however I heard that the color "Peach" was great blush.  Recently my Ulta remodeled the NYX section and expanded by carrying more products, like blush.  I picked up "Peach" today and I think the quality and color is nice.  NYX blush can be picked up at Ulta or at http://www.nyxcosmetics.com/ for $6.00

L-R- Swatch of "Peach" and a closeup of the blush.


EOS lotion- You may have seen some EOS products lately.  You can usually find them in your local drugstore and they are easy to spot because the packaging is very unique.  EOS is known for their super-cute, egg-shaped lip balm.  Lately EOS introduced their palm-sized hand lotion and its been a big hit.  I have been able to find it at Walgreens and Rite-Aid for $3.99.  First the packaging is small and easy to fit in a purse or pocket.  It also doesn't hurt that the lotion works wonderfully-its not greasy and it absorbs quickly.  The scent I chose, Cucumber, is light and appealing.  I love the fact that the lotion fits well into my makeup bag and that it is easy to carry to work or on road trips.  My hands are always dry and I've enjoyed this lotion-that's why I needed another one!

No comments:

Post a Comment