Sunday, February 6, 2011

Polish Haul!

I don't know what is wrong with me lately.  I have been loving nail polish during the past few weeks like never before.  It doesn't matter the color-I just want it!  I went to Ulta last week because I had a gift certificate burning a hole in my wallet.  I went there for the Shu Uemura eyelash curler but left with 5 new bottles of polish!  I love OPI but lately I have been using my Essie polishes more, so I had to pick up another Essie as well.

I heard a lot of hype about the new Katy Perry collection for OPI.  Based on reviews I read, I really wanted "Teenage Dream" and a blue glitter polish called "Last Friday Night".  When I saw the swatches at Ulta, I was disappointed with "Last Friday Night" since it appeared too sheer.  I went with a gorgeous, shimmery berry-red color called "The One That Got Away".  My Ulta was out of "Black Shatter" and the other shade in the collection was too close to another polish I already had.

Aside from the 2 bottles I picked up from the Katy Perry collection, I also picked up 2 more OPI colors that I had been on my shopping list for almost a year.  "Lincoln Park After Dark" has always called my name and I wanted to get it before the weather turned warmer.  I have also wanted "Princesses Rule" since it looks so lovely in the bottle.


L-R- OPI's "Teenage Dream", "Lincoln Park After Dark", "The One That Got Away" and "Princesses Rule"




Essie's "Mink Muffs"

Essie polish always goes on smoothly and lasts forever without chipping.  "Mink Muffs" has been talked about all over the web so I had to get this color or I knew I would regret it.  The color is not limited edition however my Ulta always seems to be sold out.  This color is a great neutral that is lovely in colder weather.  It is described as a smokey taupe.  In the picture above it is appearing more brown than it actually is. 




"Teenage Dream"

A gorgeous glitter polish with flecks of pink, blue and green.  It looks great on its own or over another polish.




"Princesses Rule"

I have not tried this one yet however it appears to be a shimmery (not glittery) light pink polish.  The color is not as intense as others and it may need additional coats for more opaque coverage.  I think that this color will make a great "paint & go" shade since mistakes wont be as visible.




"Lincoln Park After Dark"

I have heard about this color for a while.  I always thought dark polish would not suit me but a good friend of mine was out to lunch with me one day and I saw her nails painted in a deep, plum hue.  When I asked what color she had on she told me this shade.  I knew then that if her nails looked that great and everyone thinks it's such a great color, I had to get it.  Currently this shade is on my toes and it looks edgy but cute. 




"The One That Got Away"

This color was a last minute purchase.  I wanted another bottle of polish but I couldn't decide on one so I went with this shade from the Katy Perry collection.  It is a deep, shimmery berry-red shade.  It's not as popular as the other colors in the collection however I think it's the best one.  It's a great look for this time of year and so many skin tones would look beautiful with this color.



Here is a quick look (pardon the messy application) I did with OPI's "Teenage Dream" over "The One That Got Away".


OPI costs $8.50 and Essie costs $8.00.  You can find OPI and Essie at Ulta.  Essie is now carried at some Walmart stores as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment