Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Burts Bees Radiance Body Lotion


Who doesn't love smooth, shimmery, gorgeous skin?  I am always in search of a lotion that I can use that not only hydrates my skin but enhances my skin.  I've seen this lotion countless times in the store.  I love Burt's Bees products but I had never tried this particular lotion before.  What intrigued me was the word "radiance" on the front of the tube.  I read that this lotion was enhanced with mica (a silicate mineral found naturally) particles which give the skin a slightly shimmery hue.  There is nothing better than glowing skin...key word here is glowing, not glittery! 

When I am searching for a new bottle of lotion, I always look for ingredients that are favorable to sensitive skin.  There is nothing worse than slathering on lotion after shaving your legs and having them BURN like they are on fire.  I need a lotion that moisturizes after shaving but doesn't injure me in the process.


PROS- This lotion's consistency is nice.  It's not too thick nor is it too thin.  It is absorbed into the skin rather quickly.  I find that it is not greasy on the palms of your hand either which is a huge plus.  It does seem to moisturize nicely and it DOESN"T burn me after shaving.  One of my all time favorite lotions, Avon's Oatmeal Moisture Therapy, doesn't burn after shaving but I always felt it was too thin.  The last pro I want to mention is the gorgeous shimmer that this lotion leaves behind.  It's not glittery or tacky.  It's actually barely noticeable but the hint of shimmer thanks to the mica gives skin a glowing appearance.  I think this lotion would look amazing over tan skin in the summer.  Shimmery shoulders with a cute sundress is never out of style!!

CONS- This lotion has a con...the smell.  I really don't like how this lotion smells.  It smells way too floral for my taste.  It's not offensive however it is a tad bit too strong for me.  I can get over it because I love the results that it gives but for some women I can see how this lotion could possibly be overpowering.



You can see pictured above where I applied the lotion on my hand.  As you can tell the lotion gives the skin a soft, shimmery appearance. 


Burt's Bees Radiance Body Lotion can be purchased at your nearest pharmacy, Walmart, Target, ect for around $8.00-$9.00


2 comments:

  1. Great review! I was skeptical about the smell since i'm not a fan of royal jelly or the other burts bees milk & honey lotion. But I might be too curious about this one not to get it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I still find that this lotion is a bit too strong but I used it over the summer on my shoulders and it does give a good "glow". If you do try it, let me know what you think.

    ReplyDelete