Sunday, February 6, 2011

MAC's Wonder Woman Collection-"Mighty Aphrodite"



I am a sucker for special edition items...especially when they come from MAC.  I loved a lot of collections from the past year like Spring Color forecast, Back to the Beach and In The Groove.  I stalked my local MAC counter when "Marine Life" and "Stereo Rose" was released like many other make up lovers did.  I feel lately MAC has had way too many collections being released though.  It seems like each week a new collection is out which might explain why I wasn't too hyped about the Wonder Woman collection.

When MAC recently released their Wonder Woman collection I thought I would pass on it.  The packaging was a little juvenile for me and none of the products really caught my attention.  I read some blogs and I did finally see one item that I felt would work.  The MSF's were great but the blushes, especially "Mighty Aphrodite", was perfect.  If you missed out on the blush ombre "Ripe Peach"  like I did, then you might want to get "Mighty Aphrodite". 

Each blush in the Wonder Woman collection is over-sized (.43 oz).  Of course a bigger product means a bigger price.  You can purchase this blush from http://www.maccosmetics.com/ like I did or at your local MAC counter for $24.00.  Average sized MAC powder blushes (.21 oz) cost $19.50.  Currently on the MAC website "Mighty Aphrodite" is sold out, however that does not mean you cannot find it at your local MAC counter.




As you can see the blush compact is very large.  The top of the compact is red with the Wonder Woman logo.  The bottom of the compact is a bright blue.



When you open the compact you will see that "Mighty Aphrodite" is a blush duo.  There is a lighter, pinky-coral shade which is larger than the deeper pink shade.  As you can see, the Wonder Woman blush compacts include a mirror which is not found in the regular blush line.




Here is a close-up of the blush (please excuse the reflections from the gold rim).




Top-Swatch of both shades that were blended together to form a shimmery, peachy pink.  There is a hint of gold and coral tones as well. 

Middle-Swatch of the coral pink color (largest color in the compact).

Bottom-Swatch of the deepest pink color (smallest color in the compact).


Overall I think this blush is wonderful.  It applies smoothly, is easy to blend and gives skin a wonderful glow.  If you already own "Ripe Peach" you might want to pass however if you don't then this blush is a must! 

No comments:

Post a Comment