Monday, January 24, 2011

Recent Nail Polish Purchases

I used to be one of those girls who would go every week and get a pedi and mani.  Eventually I got bored with my local nail salon's color choices and decided I could do the job myself.  Once I began to practice I noticed I really liked trying out new polish.  I am not a professional by any stretch of one's imagination however I love to change my polish color every few days which means I buy 1-2 bottles of nail polish every week or so. 


My most recent nail polish purchases are simple, great for cool weather and are still "work appropriate" since they don't scream "look at me"!




Wet n Wild's "Gray's Anatomy"




This polish is okay.  I really like the uniqueness of the color-a shiny purple/blue duochrome however the application was a little messy and the color streaks a bit.  The brush was bent and the bristles were damaged from what I can tell, so maybe I got a bad bottle.  I really do like the final color payoff but I don't think 4 coats is worth it!!




*Four coats later and it still appeared streaky.




OPI's "Lucerne-Tainly Look Marvelous"




OPI's "Lucerne-Tainly Look Marvelous" is just that...MARVELOUS!  It's a great shimmery gunmetal color that is perfect for the fall and winter.  It goes on smooth yet has tiny glitter flecks throughout which give this color depth and shine.  This color looks fantastic on fingers and is super shiny without being obnoxious.  The application was easy and it took only two coats to get complete coverage. 







Both colors are unique, work-friendly and offer a lot of shine.  OPI does come out on top however for ease of application and color consistency. 



No comments:

Post a Comment