Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Perfect St. Patrick's Day polish and more!

St. Patrick's day is just around the corner and I've found the perfect polish that will look great on anyone's nails!

Rimmel offers nice nail polish choices in some great colors.  I enjoy their formula and brushes.  This one is no exception. 

Rimmel's Lasting Finish Pro in Rags to Riches


Check out Rimmel's Lasting Finish Pro in Rags to Riches.  It's a great green with slight gold shimmer.  Perfect even if you are Irish or not!  You can find Lasting Finish Pro at your drugstore for around $4.99/ea.





I picked up a few Revlon eyeliners and a new mascara yesterday.  Revlon's Colorstay Liquid Liner in Black Brown ($7.99), Covergirl's Lashblash 24hr mascara in Very Black ($8.99) and Revlon's Luxurious Color Smoky Crayon in Bronze Smoke ($9.99).


Brush applicator for Revlon's Colorstay Liquid Liner


I found Revlon's Colorstay liner to last all day today and that the color choice was perfect.  Sometimes black liner is too severe and this liner in Black Brown was the perfect choice.  I loved the small brush and the formula dried quickly.  It's now after 10pm and my liner is still there!


Covergirl's Lashblast 24hr mascara brush


I love the original Lashblast and the Lashblast Fusion, so I was excited to try this mascara.  I wore it today and it was okay.  Just okay.  The original Lashblast didn't smudge or transfer but with this formula I did notice some transferring below.  The formula is nice but it doesn't volumize or lengthen as much as I would like.  So far the mascara is still there but so are my "raccoon eyes".


Revlon's Luxurious Color Smoky Crayon in Bronze Smoke


This item was a last minute purchase I made and I'm glad I did.  I used it today on my waterline with no problems.  Revlon's Luxurious Smoky Crayon went on smoothly, didn't tug and lasted longer than expected.  I haven't tried it on my upper lids yet but I think this would be a great overall liner and a nice choice is you are a fan of NYX's jumbo eye pencils. 


Swatches of Revlon's Luxurious smoky crayon (top) and Revlon's Colorstay liner (bottom)




L-R- Kleancolor's Sugar Burst sheer gloss, Santee's Water Shine Liquid gloss in #03 and Hollywood Beauty's Hydrating Hair Mask with Argan Oil


I also want to mention 3 new purchases from my local beauty supply store I made recently.  I picked up two super-cheap ($1.99/ea) lip gloss tubes.  One is a sheer pink and the other is shimmery orange/coral shade.  Both are super shiny and you can't beat the price.

I also picked up a jar of Hollywood Beauty's Hydrating Hair Mask with Argan Oil.  If you remember I purchased a few months ago Hollywood Beauty's Smoothing Hair Creme with Argan Oil (click here to see post).  I liked the results the hair creme gave me so I hope the hair mask gives great results as well.  You get 7.5oz for $8.99. 


Adrienne Vittadini Velma flats


I also wanted to share a great deal that I picked up from Marshalls recently.  I really enjoy the Adrienne Vittadini label and I was pleased to see these embellished flats for only $39 down from $80!  I think these champagne colored flats will look great dressed up or down.  I've already worn them to work and I must say they are very comfortable!




One last thing...look at this cutie I found in my office.  I just love ladybugs!








No comments:

Post a Comment