Monday, January 2, 2012

Quick Tutorial and some Recent Good Deals!

It's hard to believe that 2012 is already here!  Seems like yesterday we were worried about Y2K!  This past New Years Eve I wanted to go out and celebrate with my sister and spouse.  We went out for dinner then to a party a local club was hosting.  We had a fabulous time.  The biggest hurdle for me this year however was finding the right look and outfit that I would be comfortable in.  I had watched a few online tutorials but I decided to go with a black smokey eye.  I then decided that I would be the most comfortable in pants so I pulled a quick look together that I want to shareThis eye look and outfit is perfect for any night out.



My black smokey eye look-it's real easy to do (ignore my brows-this was taken before I gave them a plucking, lol!)



~~~~~Super-quick tutorial for this eye look!~~~~~

First prime your lids with an eyelid primer.  I chose Urban Decay's Primer Potion.  After priming them, choose a shimmery shade to place all over the lid and brow bone.  I chose Stila's Kitten.  Next take a cool grey shade and apply to the lid.  I choose to use the grey shade (3rd down in the last row) in the Coastal Scents 88 Color Palette.  After applying the cool grey shade, take a matte black shade and begin by lightly applying it to your upper lash lash line and blending it towards the outer corner of your eye.  Keep blending the black color away from your inner corner.  Repeat this step of blending up and away until the depth you want is achieved.  Always focus the intensity of the deepest shade on the outer region (corner) of your eyelid.  I chose to the use the black shade in the Coastal Scents 88 palette but any matte black shade would work. 

Next take a shimmery silver shade and blend it on the inner half of your eyelid, making sure to blend the black and the silver so the two colors merge without a harsh line on your lid.  You can also take the silver and place a little in the inner corner of your eye.  I chose to use Urban Decay's Gunmetal shade from their Naked palette.  After applying the silver, line your lower lashes with the black eyeshadow you used on your eyelid.  Next take a black, liquid eyeliner and line your upper lash line.  I chose to use Jordana's Fabuliner in Black.  Lastly apply mascara-I used two different types to help my pitiful lashes appear fuller and longer.  I chose to coat them first with Lorac's Multiplex 3D mascara.  My final coat was with Covergirl's Lashblash Waterproof.



This is a side view showing how I took the black shade and blended it up to create a "cat eye" look.





  
~~~~~~~~~~~Quick Night Out Look~~~~~~~~~~~


I also wanted to quickly share my outfit from New Years Eve since I pulled it together REALLY fast.   


Don't you just love my messy bedroom, lol?!  I used a pair of black pants I already had (The "Drew" pant from The Limited) and I paired them with a fitted black blazer and sequin top I bought 3 hours before I headed out the door!  The sequin top was on clearance at Sears and I paid $9.99 for it!  The blazer is by AGB from Macy's and it was on clearance for $30.00!  My earrings were found at Sears for $9.00 too!  Who says you have to wear an uncomfortable dress to have a great time? 


As you can see, I was excited for 2012 to arrive!




~~~~~~~Recent Good Deals ~~~~~~~

I love a good buy and in addition to my clearance rack New Years Eve outfit, I wanted to share two more deals I've picked up recently.





If you love perfume, then RUN (don't walk) to your nearest WalMart! I found this awesome Michael Kors Very Hollywood perfume giftset at an amazing price! Usually the giftset is priced at $29.84 but it was marked down 50% off which came out to $14.92! The giftset included a 1oz bottle of perfume, shower gel and lotion.

All perfume giftsets at my local WalMart were 50% off but I couldn't resist this one because I spent $49.00 on just the 1oz bottle of perfume alone at Ulta about a year ago!! I now have a back-up bottle at a fraction of the cost of my first bottle!!! There were other giftsets with quality fragrances, so now is the time to stock up for yourself and get a little something that Santa may have forgot!





I also wanted to share this new peacoat that I picked up at Macys.  It was priced at $149.00 originally however I picked it up for $49.00!  I needed a new peacoat and this one is fabulous.  It's a longer cut which is great for women who are taller like myself (I'm 5'9").  It is fully lined with a type of silver claw clasp positioned on the front.  It also has a hood and it zips up completely.  While at Macy's I noticed a lot of their outerwear was marked WAY down so now is the time to buy a new coat!


No comments:

Post a Comment