Tuesday, December 27, 2011

I'm baaaack!

I'm back and it feels good!  I'm excited to start blogging again!

I apologize for my absence but I promise I had a valid excuse!  My home computer crashed and my only internet connection was my iphone for the past two months!  Finally the computer gods looked favorably on me and blessed my husband with the ability to fix our computer...all without a trip to the computer doctor!  Good news is that I am back.  Bad news is I am going to annoy you with a lot of posts, lol!

Since I've been gone for over two months, I wanted to catch everyone up on some items I have been loving lately.  I plan to do a "Best of 2011" post soon but here are some products that I've enjoyed since I posted last. 


First and foremost, where would have I been without my iPhone?  Without my home computer working, my iPhone was my ONLY connection to the internet and if you know me, I LOVE spending time online.   

I also have to mention my love affair with Bath and Body Works Japanese Cherry Blossom scent.  It is one of those scents that I don't tire of.  It's soft, sexy and it makes me happy!  Lately I've been addicted to BBW and their 3 wick candles too.  I think I currently have about 10 in my house so my collection was not complete without a Japanese Cherry Blossom one!  I have really enjoyed the Japanese Cherry Blossom candle and fragrance mist.  You can find the candle at BBW for $19.50 and the fragrance mist for $12.00

Another favorite of mine that I recently discovered is Clarisonic thanks to QVC and I think I'm in love.  If you are not familiar with Clarisonic, it is a facial cleansing brush that utilizes a rotating brush head.  I usually use mine in the shower since they are waterproof.  I wet my face, apply my favorite facial cleanser (Neutrogena Fresh Foaming Cleanser) and use the Clarisonic all over.  I even use the Clarisonic on my hands, décolleté and elbows.  I notice that the Clarisonic has given me smoother skin in just a few weeks.  I can't wait to see how my skin will look over time.  I plan to do a full review soon.  I found my Clarisonic Mia 2 on QVC however they are currently sold out.  You can purchase a Mia 2 (or another model) at www.sephora.com for $149.00.  To learn more about the Clarisonic or to purchase, go to www.clarisonic.com

Of course a list of my current favorites would not be complete without listing some makeup and hair items.  I am loving my Laura Geller Bronze n Brighten like always.  It gives me a great glow that goes a long way during these dull winter months.  A foundation that I really want to share is Rimmel's Lasting Finish 25 hour foundation.  I chose the shade Soft Beige.  It really covers nicely, lasts a LONG time and goes on flawlessly.  I find that this foundation rivals many department store brands.  The good news is that it costs around $7.50! 

In addition to my bronzer and foundation, I have enjoyed a blush combination that really warms up my face but helps contour my cheekbones.  I have been using NARS' Lovejoy blush in the hollows of my cheeks then topping the apples of my cheeks with NYX's Terra Cotta blush.  Lovejoy is a gorgeous, bronzed rose which flatters many skin tones.  Terra Cotta is a warm, bronzed peachy shade that offers a nice shimmer.  Both colors together create a great look that warms up the face but looks natural.

Lastly I've enjoyed Korres lip butter in Guava, Urban Decay's 24/7 liner in Baked and One n Only's Argan Oil.  Urban Decay's Baked liner compliments my brown eyes and helps them to "pop".  I love pairing this liner with MAC's Woodwinked eyeshadow.  Korres lip butter helps my lips stay moisturized and One n Only's Argan oil is a cheaper but wonderful alternative to Morrocan Oil.  I usually apply argan oil in the cooler months to my hair when it is still wet after I shampoo.  Since I have somewhat oily roots, I focus the oil toward the ends of my hair.  I then comb my hair and blow dry.  The argan oil moisturizes my hair, leaves it smooth and helps keep it straight.  You can find Urban Decay's 24/7 liners at Ulta for $18, Korres Lip butters at Ulta for $12 and One n Only's Argan Oil at Sally's for $9.49.



~~~~~~~~~~~Elf Blush~~~~~~~~~~~



Top L-R-Tickled Pink, Pink Passion, Mellow Mauve
Bottom L-R-Gotta Glow, Blushing Rose, Fuchsia Fusion


Right after Thanksgiving I decided that I needed more blush shades to play with.  I have a crap ton of blush already but I wanted to experiment with other colors.  The best way to play with color is to try shades that won't break the bank.  Elf (eyeslipsface) is a great brand to try out if you haven't already.  I really enjoy their blushes, brushes, eye shadows and lip gloss.  Many of their products are only a $1 and for just two more dollars you can try their Studio Line which is a great deal.  I ordered 6 blushes from their studio line and since they only cost $3 a pop, I don't feel very guilty!  So far I have enjoyed Mellow Mauve, Blushing Rose and Pink PassionGotta Glow is a golden highlighter and it seems to work very nicely.  Tickled Pink is a little too light for my skin tone and Fuchsia Fusion is a bit glittery for my taste.  Overall I am very pleased with my choices.  You can purchase Elf lip gloss and eyeshadow at Target and Kmart.  You can purchase the whole product line at www.eyeslipsface.com



~~~~~~~~~~~Boscia Eye Treatment~~~~~~~~~~~


The last product I want to mention is one I just purchased.  A while back I received a bag of samples from Ulta and there was a sample of Boscia's Enlivening Amino-AG Eye Treatment to try.  I really enjoyed the sample so I decided to purchase a full size.  The box states that the silky gel-cream will help moisturize the eye area and reduce puffiness and dark circles.  I hope this eye treatment works and I'll keep you posted with any results I may have.  You can find Boscia's eye treatment at Ulta for $38.00 for 0.5 fl. oz.





 

No comments:

Post a Comment