Monday, July 18, 2011

Razor envy and a few more goodies!

After years of searching for the perfect razor, I thought I found my soul mate when I purchased Gillette's Venus razor for women.  It was cute, affordable and actually did an okay job.  Over the years though I found myself going through cartridges way too fast.  Was it me?  Was my leg hair THAT out of control?  Just when I thought I needed laser hair removal, I noticed my husband didn't seem to suffer from the same problems.  After talking to him I decided to purchase Gillette's Proglide razor for men.  Yes, it's for men.  I don't need pretty colors or a contoured handle to do the job well...I just want a razor that works!  I find that since women shave a larger area than men, getting the closest shave possible is a must in order to avoid irritation and shaving everyday.  The good thing about the Proglide is that it's affordable and it weighs heavier than my Venus.  Since it's heavier it actually shaves closer to the skin and leaves a better result than my Venus ever did.  I think I've converted and you might too if you give it a try.  Gillette's Proglide can be found at any drugstore for around $8.

Now...on to the goodies!

Aside from my new razor purchase, I also picked up a few goodies over the weekend that I wanted to share.  

L-R- Shiseido's eyelash curler and NARS' Lovejoy blush


No trip to a mall is complete without a small beauty splurge.  I had been wanting to give Shiseido's eyelash curler a chance for over the past year and I finally broke down and got one.  I tried it for the first time this morning and it performed well.  My small, almost non-existent eyelashes were actually visible which is a miracle in itself.  You can find Shiseido's curler for $19 at Sephora. 

Shiseido's eyelash curler from above.


I also thought it was time for another NARS piece.  I decided to go with NARS' Lovejoy blush.  It's a gorgeous, everyday color which reminds me of a shimmery, bronzed rose shade.  It looks great with just about anything.  I wore it today and it still looks fresh.  You can find Lovejoy at Sephora for $27.

Upclose view of NARS' Lovejoy blush.


After indulging somewhat at Sephora, I decided a trip to Charming Charlie was in my future.  If you don't have a Charming Charlie near you, then you are missing out.  Charming Charlie is a HUGE accessories store...it's like a Claire's store on steroids!  Jewelry, shoes and clothing are arranged by color in the store.  All of the choices can seriously overwhelm you unless you know what you want in advance.  If you have an outfit that has been hard to accessorize in the past, Charming Charlie is the answer to your prayers.  Not only is the jewelry affordable but it's unique.

I needed a new silver necklace to wear to work and I found this one for what I thought was $14.  I was too happy to hear that it rang up for only $1!!




These amazing silver/crystal earrings caught my eye.  They are perfect for a date or just to stand out in the crowd.  I got mine for only $7.97!





One of the hardest to find pieces that I have been wanting has been matte, gold earrings.  All gold earrings tend to be shiny but I found these hoops for only $5.95!  They are too cute!








 

No comments:

Post a Comment