Friday, July 15, 2011

Collective Haul...it's been awhile!

Wow...it's been awhile since I posted last.  I've been trying to stay busy with my son and work has kept me at bay.  I wanted to post about some recent purchases I've made over the past few weeks.  I plan to do some reviews, swatches and looks with some of the items listed below.  Some of the items I haven't had a chance to use yet, so this post really isn't a review but just a look at some neat products!


Enjoy!


A few weeks ago Sally's Beauty Supply had a major sale.  I was able to pick up this Hot n Silky boar hair brush for $6 that came with a free brush cleaner (which really works)!
Hot n Silky paddle brush and brush cleaning tool.


Orly nail polish was on sale for buy 2 get 1 free.  Originally each bottle costs around $5.  I picked up 3 great summer colors. 


L-R- Passion Fruit, Frisky and Purple Crush


I also picked up a bottle of China Glaze's Flip Flop Fantasy and a new bottle of my favorite top coat, Seche Vite.  China Glaze is around $5 and Seche Vite is $6.99.



Flip Flop Fantasy is a perfect color for tanned toes!


While I was in Sally's I also picked up a bottle of Miracle 7 Leave-In mist.  This is an exact copy of It's a 10 leave-in mist but in true form, Sally's version only cost $12.99 versus It's A 10 costing around $18.00. 





Ulta recently had a good sale where I picked up this Smashbox blush/highlighter combo in the shade Undercover for only $5!!!  It usually costs around $30!




I've heard a lot of buzz about a great makeup remover called Bioderma.  Bioderma is a French brand that claims to remove all makeup (including eye makeup) and is as gentle as water.  I have used it a few times so far and I must say that I love it!  No breakouts!  I found my bottle online for $25.50 (250ml) from http://www.amazon.com/



If you know me then you might know about my love for St. Ives Apricot Scrub.  I remember getting my first tub of this exfoliator in middle school...I've been hooked since!  I use this in the shower before I shave and before using self tanner.  You can't get a better body exfoliator for this price.  I picked up mine at Walgreens for around $2.  I also picked up a 4oz bottle of Bumble and Bumble's Styling Lotion.  You can use this before blow drying and before heat styling.  I haven't used it yet but it was originally $12.50 and I picked up mine on clearance at Walgreens for $6.99.  I've heard good things about B&B, so I'm looking forward to trying it out.




Since it's summer, everyone needs a good self tanner.  If you hate the way self tanner smells and you really don't want to look like an orange, then Sun Laboratories lotion is for you!  I picked up my bottle for $16.99 at TJ Maxx...it's usually $36 for an 8oz bottle!  This self tanner is amazing and I am in love (review coming soon)!  I also picked up a special edition Wet n Wild trio called The Gilded Age and a Wet n Wild bronzer called Everything Under the Sun.  The trio applies smoothly and is a great choice to achieve that golden/bronze look which is perfect for the summer!   



Since I am a HUGE Wet n Wild eyeshadow fan, I couldn't resist picking up a few of their 8-pan palettes.  The first one I purchased is called Blue Had Me At Hello.  I love this palette.  Most of the colors are well pigmented and soft.  I also couldn't resist L'Oreal's new leGloss.  The last thing I need is another lipgloss but I thought Golden Splash was a great color that is unique and will carry me into the fall. 




Another 8-pan palette from Wet n Wild I picked up is called Comfort Zone.  Each color is a warm earth tone that compliments everyone's skin color.  Pictured with the Wet n Wild palette is Maybelline's new Eyestudio Color Explosion palette in Caffeine Rush.  For under $10 this palette delivers and has a unique, shimmery gold shade that is unlike any other in my collection. 


 


A drugstore lipstick line that never disappoints me is L'Oreal's Colour Riche.  I picked up a tube in the shade Gilded Pink which is similar to my own lip color but better!  I also wanted to try some more Jordana liners, so I picked up Jordana's Fabuliner (felt tip) in Black, Easyliner for Eyes retractable liner in Black and Easyliner for Lips retractable liner in Honey.  In addition to picking up goodies for my lips, I also picked up a bottle of Essie's Smooth Sailing polish.  This polish reminds me of Butter's No More Waity, Katie which is a gorgeous blue with silver shimmer.  I can't wait to wear it on my toes!!




Pictured below is a closeup of the liners.


L-R- Fabuliner, Easyliner for the Lips and Easyliner for the Eyes


Last but not least...I keep seeing this super-cute tin of lotion each time I'm at the pharmacy, so I gave in.  For .99 you can pick up some Nivea Creme.  I already used it on my elbows and I really think my skin is softer.  It's a perfect size for your makeup bag or for travel.  It has a soft scent and is thick in texture but absorbs easily into the skin. 








I hope you got some shopping ideas from the items listed above.  If you have any favorites of your own you want to recommend, leave a comment below.  Soon I will be posting reviews on Sun Labs self tanner and Bioderma makeup remover. 

No comments:

Post a Comment