Saturday, April 2, 2011

Favorites of the Moment!

If any of you are like me, you hate dark circles and dull skin.  I suffer from serious dark circles.  I have deep, almost purple, dark circles under my eyes which only get worse as the week wears on.  Since I am up at the crack of dawn each day (and I rarely get to bed at a decent time each night), I find that my dark circles get darker and by Friday they are downright scary!  I can't tell you the number of concealers I've tried.   

Aside from battling my lovely circles, I find that I really enjoy a good facial scrub.  As we age our skin begins to lose elasticity, moisture and becomes dull.  I always try my hardest to take care of my skin and one way to ensure it is always glowing, is to exfoliate.  Not only do I ALWAYS wash my makeup off before going to bed but I always try to exfoliate a few times each week.  I find that even mild exfoliation keeps skin healthy and glowing.



Philosophy's The Microdelivery Exfoliating Wash and Amazing Cosmetics Concealer in "Fair"


After complaining about a lack of a great concealer, my kind husband took it upon himself to find the "ultimate" concealer for me last Christmas.  After a trip to Ulta (and with a little help from a patient saleswoman), "Santa" came home with a small tube of Amazing Cosmetics concealer.  Amazing Cosmetics makes many different types of makeup products but are known for their exceptional concealer.  It only takes a pea-sized portion to cover much of the face.  I usually take a VERY small amount and blend it under my eyes after applying my moisturizer.  After blending the concealer in with a blending brush, I apply my foundation then powder.  Combined with my NARS loose powder, I feel that this concealer is worth every penny.  It goes on smoothly, covers and corrects evenly and is very easy to blend.  The only drawback is the price and shine.  I find that this concealer goes on well but you must set it with a loose powder (especially if you have oily skin) since it tends to look shiny.  In regards to the price, some ladies feel $42.00 for .5oz is high but I haven't found anything I like better.  Cle' de Peau makes a lovely concealer (or so I've heard) for $70 but I'm not ready to pay that much!!



Swatch of Amazing Cosmetics Concealer in "Fair"


As I mentioned earlier, exfoliation is another key to good looking skin.  Not only does it work, it feels good and gives good results.  Like concealer, I've tried lots of different exfoliators.  I've used Avon, St. Ives, Clinique, Estee Lauder, Yves Rocher & H2O, just to name a few.  I find that Philosophy's Microdelivery Exfoliating Wash beats them all. 

First let me say that I really enjoy Philosophy's product line.  Their body lotions, perfumes and shower gels are of the highest quality.  I am in LOVE with "Pure Grace" and just like with that scent, my mother in law introduced me to their skincare line.  Since she is a fan of this wash, she wanted me to try it too.  After a few uses, I could tell a difference in my face.  You simply massage it into your face while damp then rinse.  The wash has micobeads which lightly exfoliate but are gentle enough to use everyday.  Some exfoliators warn to only use once a week and since my skin is very sensitive, I find that even once a week is too much when I use those products.  This wash will not scratch your skin and I even use it on my hands which help my hand cream absorb better and makes them look younger-which is always a plus!  Philosophy's wash is gentle, has never made me break out and really makes my face look and feel clean.  You can find the Microdelivery Exfoliating Wash at Ulta or Sephora for $25.00 for 8fl oz.




No comments:

Post a Comment