Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Small Haul!


Smelling good (especially when I smell like a tropical island) is always welcome so I decided I needed to stock up on some fresh, new scents.  Last week there was a good sale at Bath & Body Works.  If you purchased just one Signature Collection piece, you could get a free tote bag and lotion.  I purchased the Hawaii Coconut lotion & body spray and Butterfly Flower shower gel.  I got a cute, floral tote bag and a full size bottle of Country Chic lotion.  You can never have enough Bath & Body Works products!

Hawaii Coconut smells like citrus, coconut and soft vanilla musk mixed together.  It's the perfect summertime scent.  I can't wait to wear this all spring and summer long!  Country Chic is light and very floral.  It is not over-powering and has a fresh lemon base.  It's fresh, clean yet romantic enough for that special someone to enjoy.  Butterfly Flower reminds me of my childhood but I can't seem to remember which scent in my past it reminds me of.  It's a clean, green scent with honeysuckle, banana and tangerine notes.  You can find these items for $10.50/each.


L-R- Hawaii Coconut body spray, HC lotion, Country Chic lotion and Butterfly Flower shower gel.


After stocking up on new fragrances, I wanted to pick up a new foundation, nail polish and lip balm.  Maybelline Dream Smooth Mousse is a versatile foundation that I use frequently during the week.  When I am getting ready for work each day, I find the chore of putting on foundation a little daunting since I don't have a lot of time in the mornings to get ready.  Maybelline Dream Smooth Mousse makes it easy for me to apply foundation without a lot of time.  Just take the compact, unscrew the lid and apply by blending it in using a foundation brush.  I use the Elf Studio Line's flat top blusher brush to apply and blend this foundation in.  The shade I purchased is 200-Creamy Natural.  Once you apply this foundation you will notice a cool sensation on your skin.  This foundation goes on smoothly and is medium-full coverage.  The only drawback aside from the color selection is the wearability throughout the day.  I find that as the day goes on, this foundation tends to make my skin look shiny.  I use powder to keep everything balanced, however I do find that I have to use powder more frequently when using this foundation.


Maybelline Dream Smooth Mousse comes in a small, round compact which includes a blending sponge.  You can find this foundation at your local drugstore for around $7.00-$8.00.


As a lot of you may know, I am a big nail polish fan.  Some of my friends had mentioned that Essie had a new spring color which was the perfect shade of nude.  Since Essie is now carried at Walmart, I stopped by and picked up a bottle of Sand Tropez.  This color is a cool toned nude that looks natural on all skin types and is definitely "work friendly".  A lot of nude nail polishes go on streaky and have pink undertones, which doesn't look good on me.  Essie's Sand Tropez looks lovely and applies well, with just 2 coats.  You can find Sand Tropez for $7.75 at Walmart.

The last item I picked up was another tube of lip balm (like I need another!).  I LOVE Nivea's line of lip balms and I had been meaning to try A Kiss of Shimmer for a while now.  I will say that I am a little disappointed with this one-which surprises me.  Nivea's balms are always moisturizing, however I find this balm somewhat dry and it doesn't apply as smoothly as I like.  I feel that the shimmer doesn't show on my lips which takes away the purpose of this product.  Overall it's not a bad product, just not what I expected.  If you want a handy balm to keep in your purse that provides a small amount of shimmer, then this is it.  You can find A Kiss of Shimmer at your local drugstore for around $2.00.



L-R- Essie's Sand Tropez and Nivea's A Kiss of Shimmer





Swatch of Nivea's A Kiss of Shimmer (with flash).
  

No comments:

Post a Comment