Friday, January 21, 2011

Wet n Wild Tutorial- "I'm Getting Sunburned"

When I first bought this palette, I found out it had broke along the way home.  Instead of just waiting until the next time I was in Walgreens, I immediately went back to the store because I knew this palette would be a favorite...and it is!  Everything about this trio is great.  The pink is gorgeous and not too bright, the crease color is richly pigmented AND the gold is the perfect shade.

I created a look based on this palette.  I find I like to layer the gold and crease color.  I also love to have the pink shade "peek" above the crease because it is beautiful even on its own. 






Begin by priming your eyes with an eyelid primer.  Next take the gold shade and thickly layer it only on your lid.  Afterwards take the crease color and begin by blending it from the outer corner towards the inner corner, stopping right above the middle of the lid.  Keep moving the brush back and forth while blending the color into the gold but not going too far down into the lid space.  Take the gold shade again and blend it upwards towards the brown crease color.  Go over the gold again with the crease color, this time using more of the color and deepening the crease area for more smokiness.  Next take the pink shade and blend it into the upper browbone.  Make an extra effort to blend it with the crease color until there is no longer a definite line between the two shades.  Lastly, take the gold color and blend it into the inner corner of the eye.

After applying the eyeshadow, line the upper lash line with a gel or liquid liner.  You can also apply false lashes if you desire for more drama.  Next take the crease shade, LIGHTLY dip your brush into the crease color and blend down onto the lower lash line.  Finally line the lower lashes with an eyeliner of your choice and apply mascara.








No comments:

Post a Comment