Thursday, January 20, 2011

I Love...NARS Loose Powder

I like a powdered face.  I think powdering the face after applying foundation gives a soft finish to any look.  I know a lot of makeup guru's enjoy "glowing skin" but when I watch a lot of tutorials I can't help but think some "gurus" look shiny, definately not glowing.  Since I appreciate the benefits that loose powder can provide, I began a full-time search for the best one out there.  I wanted a powder that was finely milled, soft and easy to apply.  I also wanted a powder that was not chalky, did not smell funny and did not break me out.  I think I have come across the total package. 

NARS makes wonderful products.  I really enjoy their lipsticks and blush but it was their loose powder that made me a true fan.  Yes I've tried NARS' "Orgasm" blush and personally it was okay but I believe the true star in their lineup is the loose powder.  I purchased mine for $35.00 from www.Beauty.com or you can purchase it from www.narscosmetics.com for the same price.



PROS-
This powder is extremely and I mean EXTREMELY finely milled.  It provides a smooth, silky finish to the skin and really helps control oil throughout the day.  The powder doesn't irritate sensitive skin and provides a perfect finish.  I find that this powder doesn't dry out my skin or make my skin look too matte.  Another major benefit is that the package comes filled with a TON of product...I swear I've been using this same box of powder for over a year!!

CONS-
The powder is difficult to contain when opening the lid.  Since the powder is so fine, it tends to fly out of the container at times.  The packaging is also difficult to keep clean (as evidenced by the picture above).  The black plastic shows fingerprints and the loose powder tends to stick to the powder box even after it is wiped away.





Each NARS loose powder comes packaged with a plastic sifter, a mesh sifter (for finer powder application) and a puff.  I chose the color "Flesh" which is pictured above along with the puff and plastic sifting lid.

You can't go wrong with NARS' loose powder.  I love most of their products but I don't think I can find an exact dupe for this one.  There are other powders out there but one would be hard pressed to find another powder that provides the coverage, quality and value that this powder does.

No comments:

Post a Comment