Friday, December 17, 2010

Luxe for Less

It's that time again...another luxe look for less!

The pick for this week is another lip look.  I've paired a lip liner, lipstick and gloss again.  All items are affordable and can be easily found.  The pictures below really don't do the look justice.  This look has more of a "berry" and/or "plum" feel to it than what comes across in the pictures below. 


Lip gloss--$6.99 at CVS--Milani 3D Glitzy Glamour gloss in "Fashion Diva"
Lipstick--$5.54 at Target--Maybelline Color Sensational lipstick in "Plum-Tastic"
Lip liner--$.99 at Walgreens--Jordana lip liner in "Deep Purple"

Total for look--$13.52



L-R swatches-
Milani gloss, Jordana lip liner and Maybelline lipstick. 


The Milani 3D gloss is full of sparkle!  The gloss goes on thick but it is not totally opaque.  This gloss has tons of glitter and shine which can fake a good set of lips on anyone.  The gloss has a slightly sweet smell to it and it goes on smoothly.  This gloss would be a great accessory to anyone going out for the night or going to work.  It's not too bright but it still makes a point to shine and enhance your lips.  The only drawback is that this gloss doesn't have the staying power like other glosses do.  Oh and did I mention the super-cute bottle it comes in?  Fancy isn't it?

Jordana Lip Liners are truly one of my favorite drugstore finds.  I am not a lip liner kind of gal.  I don't mind lip liners but I rarely use them unless I wear dark colors.  I had been looking for a nice plum color to enhance my lips since I think purple tones look good on me.  This liner (and every other Jordana liner I've tried) worked well.  It doesn't pull or tug on the lips and the color payoff is rich and vibrant.  You also can't beat the .99 price tag either.  Buy one and it just may make you a new fan of lip liners!  I know I love them now!

The Maybelline Color Sensational lipstick line did not interest me too much when it came out.  I had thought it was just another way for a makeup company to get more money for the same item they sold (and repackaged) in the past.  Well, I am going to change my thoughts.  The Color Sensational line is not my favorite however I do like the formulation, texture, color payoff and packaging (somewhat).  I now own 4 lipsticks from this line and each give wonderful color pigmentation.  Some of the colors are really flattering and moisturizing as well.  The only drawback is the packaging.  I don't mind the lipstick case itself...it is sleek and easy to open.  The bad thing about this packaging is that ANYONE at the store can open it up, play with it and then put it back on the shelf.  There is no protective seal around the cap which freaks me out a bit.  Anyone could have played with the lipstick you chose to buy a mere few hours after that touchy-feely person left the store.  The possibility of germs coming from a new, unsealed lipstick is slightly overwhelming. 




The final look--this picture doesn't really capture the true plum tones that this look gives.  The picture above is slightly too pink however it does highlight the nice gloss coverage and pigmentation that the lipstick gives.

No comments:

Post a Comment