Sunday, August 7, 2011

Some goodies to try out!

Lately I've been really into girly scents.  I'm loving anything that is floral, flirty or sweet and that makes you feel sexy the minute you spritz them on!  I picked up a new scent by Marc Jacobs today called "Oh, Lola!".  The scent is described as fruity and floral with strawberry, pear, peony, raspberry, sandalwood and vanilla notes.  I am finding that this has worn well today and it has stayed true on my skin even after it dries.  Some scents completely change and go against my chemistry but this one stays soft and doesn't overpower me at all.  I bought the 1.0oz bottle at Ulta for $48.00.



Aside from smelling good even in this sweltering weather, you've got to keep your skin moisturized.  Each time the thermometer rises and my legs come out of hiding, I reach for my cocoa butter.  My legs tend to get dry very quickly and cocoa butter solves the problem.  Some people don't like cocoa butter but I personally love the rich scent and the moisturization it provides.  I have found that Queen Helene's is the best.  It's long lasting, smells pleasant and is cheap.  I've had my tub for over a year and I still have plenty left.  I usually apply it to my legs at night before bed and then I wake up to great skin that looks and feels wonderful.  I got my tub (15oz) at Walmart for $4.00!




Even in the August heat I find that I want to reduce the amount of foundation I wear.  Some foundation is too thick and too hot.  I recently purchased Neutrogena's Healthy Skin liquid makeup in the shade "Natural Beige".  So far this foundation has worked well with my combination skin.  It hasn't caused any breakouts and has felt light.  Neutrogena states that this foundation has spf20 and an exclusive blend of antioxidants to help skin look younger.  I will say that it's too early to see any real difference but it's lightweight and gets the job done.  The only drawback with this foundation is that it is not full coverage which I prefer if I am going out or wanting to disguise any blemishes.  I purchased mine from CVS for $9.00.





Over the past month I've purchased the Wet n Wild 8 pan palettes which I am proud to say I adore!  In the past Wet n Wild has not disappointed me with any of the purchases I've made.  Almost every eyeshadow in each palette I've bought has turned out lovely, with rich pigmentation.  I was excited to hear about the 8 pan palettes when they were released earlier this year.  I've purchased all 3-Comfort Zone which has gorgeous greens, browns and bronze shades.  I also purchased Blue Had Me at Hello which has icy blues including navy and of course black.  The last palette is Petal Pusher which is full of gorgeous berry shades, purples and a shimmery black color.  Each palette costs around $5.00!




Comfort Zone-numbers 1 & 2 are highlighters, 3 & 4 are for the lid, 5 & 6 are for the crease and 7 & 8 can be used for liners and/or for the crease.



1 & 2 are shimmery champagne colors.  3 is a gorgeous rose gold shade and 4 is a wonderful, green shimmery shade.  5 appears to be a matte copper color but it is actually a soft brown with copper undertones and slight shimmer.  6 is a greenish gray with gold shimmer.  7 is a highly pigmented brown with heavy plum undertones and red shimmer.  8 is the most unique shade of all.  In some lighting it appears copper and in other light it has a green cast to it.  It is very similar to MAC's Club eyeshadow-click here to see my review of MAC's "Club" eyeshadow!



Blue Had Me at Hello- 1 & 2 are highlighters, 3 & 4 are for the lid, 5 & 6 are for the crease and 7 & 8 can be used for liners and/or for the crease.



1 is a white, shimmery highlighter.  2 is an icy blue and 3 is a shimmery gray.  4 is a gorgeous, teal blue.  5 is an extremely deep navy blue whereas 6 is a lighter blue, more similar the color of the ocean.  7 is a matte black and 8 is a shimmery black shade.



Petal Pusher- 1 & 2 are highlighters, 3 & 4 are for the lid, 5 & 6 are for the crease and 7 & 8 can be used for liners and/or for the crease.



1 is a soft, pale pink with a slight iridescent shimmer.  2 is a shimmery purple/pink and 3 is a light, matte purple.  4 is a shimmery raspberry shade.  5 is a deep purple and 6 is a shimmery berry shade that is very pigmented.  7 is a lovely iridescent purple that almost glows on the skin and 8 is a black with silver shimmer. 













No comments:

Post a Comment