Saturday, January 22, 2011

Luxe Look for Less! - Red Lips for Valentines Day!

I'll admit it...red lipstick scares me.  I'm scared it will age me or that it will get on my teeth.  Finding a red shade that flatters my skin tone is another problem.  A traditional red color doesn't really look good on my lips since my lips are very pigmented.  I want a red that is deep but still has a berry tone to it. 

I found a red lipstick that I think would flatter a lot of lips out there.  It's the Milani "Berry Rich" lipstick.  It goes on incredibly smooth, is vibrant in color and looks like a million bucks.  Combine this with a great lip pencil, gloss and you are ready for anything!



Products used on lip- Milani lipstick in "Berry Rich", Wet n Wild lipliner in "Berry Red" and Victoria's Secret Beauty Rush lipgloss in "Cherry Bomb".

Milani lipstick costs around $4.99 and is available at CVS.  Wet n Wild lipliner costs .99 and is available at Walgreens, RiteAid, CVS, etc.  Victoria's Secret lipgloss is available at any Victoria Secret store for around $7.00 but can be found on sale often. 

Total cost- $12.98!





The key to flawless red lipstick application is simple.  Make sure your lips are fairly dry before you apply since gloss, lip balm and other items cause too much slip and the lipstick won't adhere well.  First apply your lipliner then color in your lips with the liner to help intensify your look and help the lipstick to stay on longer.  Next apply your lipstick then apply your gloss-it's that simple!




No comments:

Post a Comment