Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Livin' luxe without the bucks!

I love department store makeup.  Each brand has something unique and satisfying within their collections.  Clinique, Estee Lauder, MAC, Chanel, etc all are nice but it's even nicer to find makeup that doesn't cost as much AND does a good job.  Despite the lower prices, I do believe it's possible to get a good look without spending a fortune.  Each week I plan to bring you a look or product that I believe helps you to live luxe without the BIG bucks.


Here is my pick for this week.  Total cost...$11.37

I used Rimmel's lasting finish lipstick in "Airy Fairy" ($5.19 on Ulta.com), Prestige's lipliner in "Silk" ($2.19 on Ulta.com) and NYX megashine lipgloss in "Beige" (on sale at cherryculture.com for $3.99)

Pictured above is Rimmel's Airy Fairy.  It's a mauve toned pink with a nice, semi-gloss finish.


L-R
Prestige "silk" lipliner, Rimmel "Airy Fairy" lipstick and NYX "Beige" lipgloss
Pictured above is swatches of each product (with flash).


The final look.  The NYX gloss is almost a dupe for Airy Fairy yet gives the lipstick more dimension and opaque coverage.  I am not the biggest pink fan but I really don't mind this color combo.  This is a great look that is natural and suitable for everyday wear.

No comments:

Post a Comment